Thursday, June 19, 2008

In Loving Memory Of...... (part 1)

WAIT!!!



No, definitely not. That's not what I am trying to mean here. For your information, NONE of the people that I am acquainted to or i knew of went to Heaven or Hell after having to struggle for almost all their lives.

This time, I shall be reminiscing the past.....

Various respected souls that I have met throughout my voyage in the sea of education via school, this post is dedicated to all of you, after realizing that it's almost impossible to meet each other again.............



Firstly, Ipoh Wesley Church Kindergarten.


I was barely four when my mummy enrolled me into this little kindergarten sandwiched between the Ipoh Wesley Church and the Ipoh Anglo Chinese School (also known as ACS Ipoh).



MRS SUZIE

Mrs Suzie
, a lovely Indian lady with shoulder length silky hair...(wait, was it silky or frizzy??? hmmm...) she was none other than the first teacher who taught me ABC and 123 ( i mean an official teacher...my mummy also taught me that ok?) That year also happened to be my first time ever, performing on-stage (with my kiddie friends, of course) and ha ha...applying make-up - just a dab of foundation, some really bright pink blusher (i swear i looked like a kid who just got herself slapped on the cheeks) and yeah, RED lipstick (i mean RED). Oh well, like I care??? Anyway, that year in Donald Duck class, besides FUN, i just couldn't find another word to describe it.


MRS JULIE

Mrs Julie,
a short-haired, tanned Chinese lady, which was about one head taller than my mummy. I was in Micky Mouse class then. She.........*Ahem. I believe that i am currently suffering from a short-term amnesia and the family doctor especially, advised me not to attempt to keep looking back into my once, full of dark secrets, past. "No point knowing much" was all that he could mumbled*


MADAM HON

Madam Hon, more fondly known as Han Lao Shi among the cute and adorable yet annoying little kids in Snoopy Class. She was also a Chinese lady with short, permed hair and yes, she has that really big pair of spectacles on her all the time. But behind those big, metallic ( i thought it was plastic!) frames and the sometimes blurry glass lens, there lies a pair of eyes - windows to the soul, one may call it - but for her case, they were petite! =D and one of the greatest thing that i learned from her was a Chinese poem, written by............i forgotten. Ha ha...Anyway, here's the poem.

从前明月光,
疑似地上霜。
举头望明月,
低头思故乡。



That's about it. Oh, by the way, she also made me to go on-stage to give a speech in Mandarin (yes! MANDARIN) at the annual school concert on behalf of other graduating kids from WCK that year. Mind you, that was back in 1996 and besides turning six, I also happened to lose two of my teeth *whee* and thank you very much, tooth fairy was a big letdown.

Apparently, i was indeed experiencing heavenly joy back then.




to be continued...





No comments: