Now, I know it's the Merdeka holidays but that certainly did not deter my aunt's steadfast determination to visit Malacca on a public holiday.
Anyway, my family actually planned to travel all the way down south to Malacca to allow ourselves to experience some mouth-watering Baba-Nyonya cuisines. Since I simply love indulging in good food and fine dining (two days ago, I was with FKY and Shen-Ly teasing my
taste buds at Tony Roma's and Manhattan Fish Market), I was in favor of this exquisite notion.
And to say that this brilliant plan was actually a debacle in disguise, was so true.
For God's sake, it's a public holiday and we should have known that Malacca would be flooded by tourists, both locals and foreigners alike! Still, we were ninny enough to go there for food.
We were practically stuck in the jam upon reaching the tolls at Ayer Keroh. By then, we were still clueless about what would dawn upon us in the city.
So, did I manage to indulge myself in delicious food at the end of the day?
Er, nope.
The traffic was so heavy that we were stuck for two hours! Damn it! Two hours in the car was the last thing I had anticipated. When we finally reached somewhere near Dataran Merdeka, we were so hungry that the drivers (my dad and my uncle) were looking for parking frantically. The cars were parked in front of some shops and right in front of us was this cafe which sells Taiwanese-styled ramen.
Our tummies were churning so...we ravaged the cafe.
Ok lah, not that exaggerating. We did not ravage the cafe but I felt so stupid.
Instead of trying local delicacies, I ended up eating Sichuan-styled ramen...*sigh+shake head*
Haih...thinking back, no more mood to blog already lah...
No comments:
Post a Comment