Sunday, August 17, 2008

It's Just Badminton

LCW is a debacle. When I watched him played against Hyun-il oppa the other evening, I should have at least conjectured that he would be a nonentity in the finals should he face Super Dan then. After all, there’s no variety in his game and I supposed that it must be sheer luck that he managed to bolster against the mystify look on Hyun-il oppa’s face. By the way, Super Dan is a pain in the ass himself (his skills are magnificent, finest of the century but he’s such an arrogant and snobbish dude. No offence to you, it’s just my humble opinion).

Let me just illustrate a few mistakes committed by LCW. First and foremost, he played like a loser. He kept committing unforced errors which allowed Super Dan to gain easy points. Even most of the points he gained were something like a consolation from Super Dan to him. His net play was anything but good and once again, Super Dan proved to be the master of adroit and astute net play. Having played Super Dan for more than 10 matches, LCW should have already knew that it’s not a good tactic to put his net play to testify against the more superior Super Dan’s. Besides that, LCW has no calls for most of his opponents shots especially Super Dan’s stinging jumping smashes. I would say that LCW’s defense was nothing like a defense. It was weak and most of the times; he fell for the traps set up by his enemy. Well, Super Dan was once, hailed by the Chinese media as the new Zhao Jianhua, for his deceptions which were similar to that of Zhao’s. Hence, it’s plausible for LCW to stumble. Another thing that I would like to comment about both the players is their stamina. As the first game began, LCW was literally gasping for oxygen whereas Super Dan showed no signs of the same problem. I was like, dude it’s just the start of the game and you’re already gasping as if there’s not much of oxygen left. This is definitely not the first time I saw Malaysian shuttlers showing such actions while in battle. Erm, maybe it’s time to consult some sports therapists to treat this common “sickness”.

The worst thing about LCW is that he didn’t play with his life. Just a couple of days ago, he had said that he’ll play with his life to win the gold medal for the country and the people as well as his family. What a lie.

However, credits must still go to LCW because he’s coming back from China with a silver medal to show off, drooping around his neck. Ah well, I guess that he’ll be receiving this heroic welcome at the airport like the one Hafiz Hashim got when he won the prestigious All-England Championship (but since then, Hafiz’s performance has taken a horrible backseat; till now, he couldn’t hit his top form). Hopefully, he wouldn’t repeat Hafiz’s history.

As much as I dislike Lee Yongbo and Super Dan, I still have to channel my greatest and utmost salutations to the both of them. Super Dan really live up to his top billing as the current world No.1 status and performance wise, he deserved the gold medal more than LCW. I believe that, he’ll probably be proposing to Xie Xingfang soon. *I hear the church’s bells ringing*

I still can’t believe that I wasted about an hour to watch that lop-sided match and another hour bragging about it.

It’s just badminton.

No comments: