Monday, July 14, 2008

A detrimental journey to my heart, mind, body and soul...

What was thought to be an interesting and inspiring, not forgetting a supposed to be fun outing turned out to be exhausting, tiring and financially-challenged for me. I was on a book-shopping trip with my housemates today for some SAT books at The Gardens and Midvalley today, a Sunday, thinking that maybe the public transports today would no be as busy as on weekdays. Boy, was I wrong!

Firstly, being a ‘freshman’ in the big, ever bubbling hubbub KL (not exactly a first-timer as I’ve been here for like only-God-knows-how-many-times-I’ve-been-here with my parents, but rather first time with friends), it was already quite an experience actually. But having to travel from the place where I stayed to the shopping malls proved to be a puzzling and not intriguing journey. We have to not only board the public buses, but also have to take the trains too. Try guessing the duration of time used on just the travelling. Nah, it wasn’t that long….that’s a joke. The three of us spent about 5 hours on taking public transports only. The rationale behind all these travels via public transports was because KL is yet to have a fully and wholly connected public transports system. Meaning, the passengers have to travel from one place to another different place just to hop onto the buses or trains to go to their ideal destinations. These not only cause fatigue to the people but also tends to burn a hole in their pockets, like in my case. Besides that, almost everything in this so-called metropolitan was soooooooooo expensive!!!! For instance, a hot plate noodle costs me a whopping RM6.20 when I could get the same item, even tastier for half the price in Ipoh. Imagine!!!! Yea, yea…I know I’m still pretty much the small town girl. I do miss Ipoh. And, I think I’m molested by a stranger while waiting for the train. F*******…..

Then, we spent about close to two hours in the bookstores. It was cold inside but my pals were just not ready to leave. I’m not complaining, really but it’s just that all the travelling made me to lose all my moods to read in the bookstores. I would rather much prefer to walk around.

Although it was tiring, but hey! Look at the bright side! At least I learnt how to take the public transport in KL…wakaka…

I’m probably going to FKY and Shen-Ly’s place next Saturday and FKY was telling me that we’ll go window-shopping…goodness…so hopefully it wouldn’t be as bad as today’s. Well, I better keep my fingers and toes crossed too…

12July 2008 9.30pm

No comments: